The City of Cochran Downtown Development Authority (DDA) was reformed in March of 2019 by the Mayor and City Council to be a catalyst for revitalization, promotion, development and redevelopment of our downtown business district.
The DDA consists of seven members: Dani Dykes (Chair), Jackie Bowen (Treasurer), Carla Coley, Diana Itson, Diane Lester (Secretary), Vinson Howell (Vice Chair), and Jeff Reagan.
Downtown Development Authorities and their appointed boards are created to revitalize and redevelop the central business districts of cities in Georgia.
DDAs have a range of powers:
• developing and promoting downtowns
• making long-range plans or proposals for downtowns
• financing (by loan, grant, lease, borrow or otherwise) projects for the public good
• executing contracts and agreements
• purchasing, leasing and selling property
• issuing revenue bonds and notes
The City of Cochran DDA currently meets on the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Auditorium. Meetings are open to the public and are subject to change.
Cochran Downtown Development Authority Façade Grant Program
Business of the Quarter Nomination Form
Lamp Post Decoration